- If you wish to overstay, you are advised to contract the nearest
Foreigners Regional Registration Office.
- It is advisable to avail pre-paid taxis./ autorickshaws or pay by
meter or ask for fare chart.
- Advisable to shop at Govt. Emporia/ Fixed Price shops to ensure
quality & reasonable prices.
- Please check power voltage before using electrical instruments. (
220 / 240 V. are available in India ).
- Keep your valuables in hotel lockers/safe deposit vaults.
- Always hire Govt. approved tourist guide invariably carry an
- Check about photography permission / filming at any monument.
Contact the nearest Government of India Tourist Office/ Police
Station State Government Tourist Office.
- Change money only at Authorized Foreign Exchange outlets / Banks
/ Hotels & insist on receipt for money changed.
- For guide map of the city tourist information contact the nearest
Government of India, Tourist Office / State Government Tourist
- In case of loss of any documents contact the nearest Government
of India Tourist Office / Police Station / State Government Tourist
- For medical assistance you may contact hotel or accredited
hospital / nursing homes.
- Observe Local tradition / customs while visiting religious
- There is prohibition on liquor in a few States. Check details
from the nearest tourist office about the same.
- Smoking not allowed in public places & vehicles, in some
- Don't encourage beggars
- Don't accept food / drink from strangers.
- Export of Indian Currency is banned.
- Don't be coerced into shopping by touts / guides / taxi drivers
- Don't buy articles made from rare / endangered species or animals
which are banned.
- If you are in Delhi Sight Seeing do not Buy any thing from
Handicraft Emporium as the things are over priced & there is
100% bargaining & the Taxi / Cab Drivers gets commission upto
30% of the purchase. So beware to buy any thing from Emporium or you
can Buy at your own risk.
- Always beware of Taxi/ Cabs driver as they try to take you to
some Travel Agents in the city to make your Tour or to book Hotel as
they get commission from them so doing any thing please check Rates